Monday, February 18, 2008

BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY

While most of us are still hunting for jobs, it looks like Lisa Atia has hit the jackpot with Starbucks!

“I’ve been thinking about getting Starbucks on campus for a while,” she explains, “but I figured I had to do something different than just selling coffee. You know, something with a twist to bring it to the next level. Then it hit me: Why not have it delivered?”

“Starbucks was falling all over itself to get on campus, and when Pepperdine saw the cash flow projections, well, they couldn’t sign fast enough.”

When asked to detail her plan, Ms. Atia explained the following.

“Anyone can open a coffee stand and sell coffee, but the big difference here is that I’m using technology to have fresh brewed coffee delivered to students in class! Students can order via email, IM or SMS, and within minutes one of my runners will be bringing hot coffee to their desks!”

“It’s going to be a totally integrated plan: online classroom seating charts to ensure accurate delivery, live video streaming to watch your coffee being made, and billing going directly to your Pepperdine account.”

“Some professors objected to the plan at first. They started warming to it when I told them it would mean fewer students sleeping in class. But what really sold them was the incentive plan: Free coffee and pound cake for every 5 drinks delivered to their classroom. You should have seen their eyes light up! After that, they all jumped on board.”

The service is scheduled to begin next month and Ms. Atia is accepting job applications until the end of the week.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know I've hit it big when I've made it onto THIS blog!

PepGossipBoy said...

I hope this gets me a discount!

-Pepgossipboy